Subject: Re: FLASH: Duplicating Library items
From: Phil Ward
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 23:27:02 +0100

Hi John,

Mostly library items behave themselves and I am starting to think that this
was a one off occurrence, but I shall describe the situation.

The fla was an existing Flash 3 file into which I inserted a new layer
midway between six layers.

Created a solid panel and put some text on it hit F8 created Library item,
then inserted a keyframe five frames ahead, back to frame 1 and reduced the
size of the text and panel then tweened to frame 5. This all worked fine.

Duplicated library item and changed the text, which looked fine in the
library. When
this newly created item was then dragged to the stage and inserted at frame
6 in the same layer it appeared with the same text content as the item it
was duplicated from.

Still with me.

I the tried to recreate this situation but did not tween frames 1 to 5 and
this time the library item appeared correctly on the stage, but if I
recreated the scenario including the tween from frames 1 to 5 the library
item would be incorrect.

Long winded description I know, but that's the way it was.

I have tried to recreate the situation with a new file but without a
problem.

Phil Ward
Crescent Graphics

crescent [dot] graphicsatcwcom [dot] net

New Media <> Internet <> Visuals <> A/W