Subject: Re: UKNM: Beenz
From: Marcus Austin
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 18:32:32 +0100

The fundamental problem with Beenz is that it's being used in two competing
ways. In one way it's a sort of an air miles loyalty points system, but
then it's also being used as a bribe ie visit our web site and get 1000
free Beenz which completely devalues the product.

It's great for small boys who want to collect beenz so that they can then
chat about them in the playground but are these really the people you want
to attract to your web site.

marcus

At 10:27 05/07/99 , you wrote:
>Greg Plumbly wrote:
> >
> > Wondered if anyone had any views on Beenz or any of the other web based
> > currencies or loyalty schemes?
> >
> > >From what I can make out Beenz lacks the anonymity that a successful web
> > currency should have or maybe I should just get over all that privacy
> stuff.
>
>We looked at using Beenz on one of our websites... bit of give and take,
>anyone who buys something is given "Beenz" and then you offer discount

Marcus Austin - Editor
Internet Works
Future Network PLC,
30 Monmouth St,