Chinwag and SXSW Join Forces and Announce "Doing Business in the USA" Conference
We're very excited to announce our latest event in the USA, working with our friends at the amazing SXSW Interactive festival, we're announcing a one-day masterclass, "Doing Business in the USA", designed for international digital firms expanding into the US taking place on Fri 8th March 2013 in Austin, Texas.
Backed by SXSW and building on Chinwag's experience within the Digital Mission series, helping UK firms expand internationally this official SXSW event provides the essential guide for Founders, CEOs and C-level executives planning to enter or expand their business in North America.
Set in the build-up to SXSW, the conference provides a comprehensive view of industry trends, investment, legal, tax and regional opportunities with a mix of expert speakers and case studies with plenty of audience Q&A
Tickets are available for only $129 and the good news is that the event is open to everyone, you don't need to be a registered SXSW badge holder to be able to attend. Space is limited, so make sure you grab yours quickly to avoid disappointment.
What’s in The Programme
Topics will equip delegates with a thorough briefing on:
- Keynotes: leading experts’ give their take on the challenges and opportunities for international firms looking to crack the US market
- Business Development - understanding US business culture, building relationships and business, from small firms to major corporates
- Keeping legal and tax efficient - the run-down of IP, staffing, avoiding litigation, incorporation, shares and tax
- Industry Trends - taken from a new business perspective, a run-down of the digital sector in the US with a look at potential opportunities and emerging trends
- Immigration - understand the visa landscape, the options, costs, obligations and obstacles
- Case Studies - the warts’n’all reality of setting up in the US, tips, tricks and workarounds, the pitfalls and possibilities
- Geography Lessons - the US is a big place with lots of regional variation: gain insight on the digital scene in Silicon Valley, Silicon Alley and points inbetween
- Investment - get the lowdown on what makes US VCs and angels tick, discover how US investors approach overseas investment
What You Will Learn
- How to win new business
- Understanding US business culture
- Understanding and securing funding
- Building partnerships, networks and connections
- Staying legal and tax compliant
- Protecting intellectual property
- Hiring, firing and office logistics
- Understand where to open an office
- Discovering regional and state support and incentives
- Meeting fellow international SXSW delegates
- Networking with potential partners/collaborators
Tickets are available for only $129. Discounts are available for groups, please francescachinwag [dot] com (contact us) for detail. And remember this event is open to everyone, you don't need to be a registered SXSW badge holder to be able to attend.
Want to Get Involved
If you’re interested in speaking or exhibiting at the Doing Business in the USA event, please francescachinwag [dot] com (drop us a line )with a little bio information and what topic you’d cover. Media partnerships are most welcome, please francescachinwag [dot] com (contact us )for more information.
francescachinwag [dot] com (// Contact us about being involved )