Digital Mission UK Tour Dates Announced
PRESS RELEASE: London, UK, Wednesday 24th June 2009.
Following last year’s successful series of Digital Missions to New York and South by South West interactive (SXSWi), a series of workshops are planned across the UK to help digital companies understand the opportunities for export and expansion.
The free workshops organised by Chinwag and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) are designed to help companies prepare for three exciting Digital Missions are planned to the United States for Autumn 2009 and Spring 2010.
The dates of the workshops are:
- Bristol - Mon, 29th June 2009
- Birmingham - Tue, 30th June 2009
- Manchester - Wed, 1st July 2009
- Newcastle - Thu, 2nd July 2009
- London - Thu, 16th July 2009
Each regional event on the UK tour will cover:
- Application and selection process
- Information about each upcoming Digital Mission
- Nuts and bolts of a Digital Mission (costs, activities)
- Other services available from UK Trade & Investment
- Case studies from previous Digital Mission attendees, talking about their experiences
- Frequently asked questions about the missions
- Q & A session
Each workshop will be followed by a networking session in conjunction with local digital organisations including eOffice, Bristol Media, DC10 Plus, South West Screen, iShed, Digital Birmingham, Screen West Midlands, Advantage West Midlands, Fazeley Studios, Manchester Digital, Manchester Digital Development Agency, Northern Startups 2.0, North West Development Agency, Codeworks and Hoults Yard.
Companies interested in attending can find out more information and sign up through the Digital Mission website:
The Digital Mission UK Tour and the Digital Missions are organised by Chinwag and UKTI, with generous financial support from UKTI and international law firm, Winston & Strawn.
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
Digital Mission Series 2009/2010
Digital Mission to LA & San Francisco, Oct ‘09
Digital Misison to New York, Nov ‘09
Digital Mission to South by South West interactive (SXSWi), Mar ‘10
Each Digital Mission has a range of activities planned with UKTI's network of consulates, sector experts and local contacts. More information including how to apply is now available at http://digital-mission.org.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the Government organisation supporting UK companies to internationalise and bringing high quality investment into the UK
Whether you are venturing into selling overseas for the first time, or are an experienced exporter trying to break into new markets, UK Trade & Investment advice, information and support will provide a significant advantage when doing business internationally.
UKTI offers three main areas of help for UK companies:
- Advice and support: Tailored, experienced, impartial advice and training to new and inexperienced exporters, maximising the chances of sustained success overseas
- Information and opportunities: Essential, unique and trusted information from experienced commercial staff overseas, helping companies make the most informed and profitable business decisions
- Making it happen: Provides practical assistance for overseas travel and the development of commercial relationships with customers, clients and partners. This is done prior to overseas market entry and also during in-country market development
The Chinwag community is a focal point for digital media practitioners in the UK and beyond. Founded in 1996, it has grown into a community media company that publishes websites, discussion forums and blogs supporting the people and companies who work in the digital industry. In February 2007 the Chinwag Live events series launched, topical panel discussions that have also gone on tour to Manchester and the Internet World, ecommerce Expo and ad:tech conferences.
Since July 2008, Chinwag have worked closely with the UK Trade & Investment in organising the Digital Missions, which help UK digital SME’s to expand their businesses abroad, forge partnerships with US companies and seek investment from overseas. They also publish Chinwag Jobs, the leading recruitment website for digital marketing, media, technical and design positions.