Expanding to the US? Apply for Digital Mission to Social Media Week New York (22-26 Feb)
The Digital Mission series is back for 2016. Our first adventure will be the Digital Mission NYC to attend Social Media Week NYC, 22-26 Feb 2016.
This week-long trip, organised with UK Trade & Investment USA, features a programme specially designed for both tech startups and agencies covering media, marketing, content, mobile and social media including AdTech, MarketingTech, MediaTech, analytics and, of course, social media.
UPDATE: Meeting plans now include Facebook, Buzzfeed, VaynerMedia and Twitter plus a VIP reception at the UK Consul General's residence in New York.
As a mission delegate, you’ll discover the challenges and opportunities of a new market, make contacts, meet clients, partners and potential hires, networking, investment opportunities.
The aim, by the end of the week, is to empower companies with enough information and contacts to plan your US expansion. The programme will include receptions, briefings, company visits plus a Social Media Week NYC insider pass.
About Social Media Week New York
Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural, and economic impact of social media. Social Media Week New York 2016 is taking place from 22-26 February at The Times Center and The SVA Theater.
Last year SMWNYC included 150 events with over 320 speakers, speakers announced for this year include:
- Mark Thompson, CEO of The New York Times
- Alex Blumburg, CEO of Gimlet Media
- Jennifer Betka, CMO of StubHub
- Evan Shapiro, EVP, Digital Enterprises of NBCUniversal
- Ricky Van Veen, Co-Founder of CollegeHumor
- Dan Harmon, Creator of “HarmonQuest,” “Community” and “Rick and Morty”
- Sean Foster, Chief Executive Officer of Crowdtap
- Kate Lewis, SVP and Editorial Director of Hearst Magazines Digital Media
- Kevin Knight, Head of Creative and Brand Strategy of Pinterest
- Lisa Weinstein, President of Global Digital, Data & Analytics of Starcom Media Group
- Camille Hackney, EVP Brand Partnerships & Licensing of Atlantic Records
- Ian Schafer, Founder and Chairman of Deep Focus
- Joahne Carter, VP Marketing of Ricola
What’s Included in Digital Mission NYC 2016?
The programme will be tailored around the attending company objectives. Typically, this includes:
- Meetings and roundtables with relevant companies within the sector, previous years’ visits included: Google, Facebook, FourSquare, BBDO, HUGE, Digital Dumbo, Bloomberg and many more
- SMWNYC Insider Pass:
- access to all official SMW sessions
- access to masterclasses and interactive demos
- Dedicated networking & co-working areas
- Entry to the official SMW party
- Exclusive insider networking events
- Mission lookbook, website & marketing
- Pre-Mission briefing in the UK
- Visits to Accelerators and Incubator spaces in New York
- Masterclass on US Business, venture capital
- Roundtables with potential clients, connectors and local experts
How much does it cost?
We have a limited amount of discounted places going for £799+VAT. Please note that delegates are responsible their own travel and accommodation costs, although we're happy to offer recommendations for flights and hotels.
Where do I sign up?
Companies can apply here.
It's worth noting that places are allocated to qualifying companies on a first-come, first-served basis i.e. you snooze, you lose!
For our other events and missions in 2016 including trips to China, register your interest here.
For any other queries, ping us an email missionchinwag [dot] com.
Photo (c) Social Media Week New York.